- Acupuncture is recognized by the National Institutes of Health and the World Health Organization as an effective treatment for over 40 different conditions.1
- Dating back 2000 years, it's one of the oldest codified forms of medicine in existence.
- Although there are many different types of acupuncture and every acupuncturist uses a slightly different style, each patient is treated according to a treatment principle.
- Acupuncturists are licensed by the state of Colorado. Licensed acupuncturists in the state of Colorado have completed over 1800 hours of training. They are also nationally board certified by the National Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
- As of 2009, the U.S. Military has adopted acupuncture to provide soldiers relief from pain due to battlefield injuries.2
- Longmont United and Good Samaritan Medical Center in Lafayette are among the local area hospitals that encourage their patients to take advantage of acupuncture through their integrative healthcare programs.
- According to a 1998 survey of the literature published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, Western medical doctors are most likely to refer patients for acupuncture (43%) than for chiropractic (40%) or massage (21%)
- The NIH states that "One of the advantages of acupuncture is that the incidence of adverse effects is substantially lower than that of many drugs or other accepted medical procedures used for the same.” 3
- 99.8% of acupuncture is performed with no significant adverse events.4
- The Clinical Journal of Pain notes that acupuncture “accelerates the normal physiological processes of recovery in soft tissues...rapidly heals trauma, thereby reducing pain.” 5
Left Hand Community Acupuncture is located in the heart of Old Town Lafayette at the corner of Simpson St. and Michigan Ave. LHCA offers an affordable sliding scale of $25-$55. We do not ask for proof of income. You decide what you feel is fair to you and fair to us. We treat patients in a relaxed, group setting that promotes an atmosphere of healing. Caroline Adams is a Licensed Acupuncturist and nationally board certified. Acupuncture can help with a wide range of health fatigue, cold and flu, digestive issues, PMS, infertility and many other health concerns.
issues including pain, stress, insomnia, arthritis, allergies, depression, headaches,